Monday, August 16, 2010

GOOD NEWS

Good News!!! Great News!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Lori found out that her "nodes" were clear! Yay!!!! How exciting!!! Thank you for praying for her and her family. But don't stop! She still has a journey ahead of her, but we are so thankful for her AWESOME news.

Just thinking about this fantastic news makes me want to do a flip, a herkie, a cheer, a chest bump- (I live with boys) something~ so everyone will know this GOOD NEWS. (I better just high-five someone, or I may hurt myself!) My precious friend was sick, but she's getting well~! And I AM THRILLED!!!

And even during this part of her(our) journey, God is speaking to me. This is what he is saying:

God: "Princess, I love you so. I am so thrilled that your friend & my princess, Lori, is on the road to recovery! You know, she's my daughter, too!! I love her even more than you do. I know what's best for her, like I know what's best for you. Remember, I see the BIG Picture.
But, there is one thing I must know. You have spread the good news concerning Lori and her health in her temporary body. But how many people have you told about me today?"

Me: "YIKES!" or as Tony said yesterday~ "GASP!"

It's so easy for us to talk about the weather, or work, our kids, our plans, and schedules. It was very easy for me to tell others about Lori's wonderful news! But it's still hard for me to talk to people about what matters the most, their relationship with God.

Why is this so difficult? Why do I still have trouble proclaiming the Good News of Jesus to my peers and loved ones? It's not easy for me to reveal that my heart looked like our teenages did after a night of mud football (at the Back 2 School Bash- pics at the bottom)! Filthy! Dirty! Yucky! But, that is exactly what I looked like to God. I can never be good enough to earn my way to heaven. My only hope is Jesus. He was the sinless sacrifice for me so that I can have a relationship with God. And when I repented and asked him to forgive me, he did. 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." YIPEE!!! He washes our sins away, and we are white as snow! Now, that is something to cheer about!!! Good News!!! Great News!!! WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Something the whole world should know! Who are you gonna tell?

My kid is the dirtiest!!! He still had mud in his ear on the way to church Sunday Morning, but he didn't care! Oh my.....

1 comment: