Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Prayer Request

Friends and Prayer Warriors,

I am asking you to pray for my special friend, Lori. She will have surgery tomorrow and selfishly I want her well NOW! I’ve been “discussing” this with my Heavenly Father alot lately. I know that He knows all of my request before I ask, but I keep reminding him.

In my Journey this morning, I read how we are to “Pray constantly.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17) I’ve been doing that alot lately. But it goes on to say that while we think it’s rude to ask someone the same thing over and over, God wants us to come to him with our requests as often as we need and not to be embarrassed about it. Then we are reminded how he “delights in our requests”, and we know He will answer them in His perfect timing. How do we know this? It goes back to what we learned as a child- “I can trust God no matter what!”

As we talk to him and share our requests, (sometimes over and over again) we get to know him just a little more. And isn’t that what he really wants from us? A personal relationship with him. And as that relationship grows, he is changing us from the inside out.

I like what Paul said in Ephesians 2:16-19, “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that this love surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

Please remember Lori and her family in your prayers. Pray constantly and remember how much God loves us! (John 3:16)
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment