Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Final Countdown...

One day! One day left of Summer Vacation! Where did the Summer go?

My quiet time this morning began like this, "Sit quietly in my presence while I bless you." (from book, Jesus Calling by Sarah Young~given to me by a dear friend) The end of the devotional says, "Take time to rest by the wayside, for I am not in a hurry. A leisurely pace accomplishes more than hurried striving. When you rush, you forget who you are and whose you are. Remember that you are royalty in My Kingdom." Yep! That's what it said for August 5th!
Then it was followed by the verses Psalm 37:7, Romans 8:16-17, and 1 Peter 2:9.
Psalm 37:7 says, "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him...".
Oh, that sounds great, but can I really make that work? Doesn't God know that school starts next week! (and my nickname is Last Minute Lucy with the motto, "I work best under pressure"!)
Don't get me wrong, I love my job! I am very blessed to teach at a wonderful school with an excellent staff that I love dearly!
But, this time of year is CRAZY!!!! I have to get my room ready, make lesson plans, pack welcome folders, iron my children's uniforms, gather their school supplies- the list continues to grow! Then there's meeting upon meeting only to rush back to the school campus to "Meet Your Teacher" where I am supposed to present a calm, controlled appearance. Just thinking about it gives me additional fever blisters, tummy aches, head aches, and other "issues" that sometimes occur during stressful times.

Well, after I've had some time today to really think about this, I've come to the conclusion "Being Still" is exactly what God wanted me read this morning. He wants me to "Be still and Know " who he is even during the busiest times in my life.
So how am I going to accomplish this "being still"? I have a plan: (which is a huge start for me)
1. Begin each day with my Quiet Time by reading my bible, devotion, and prayer.
2. Listen to praise and worship music. (This always has a way of "re-focusing" my daily tasks.)
3. Pray more often.
4. Ask myself, "Will this make a difference in eternity?" If not, it should not bother me too much!
So that's my plan to "Be Still and know that I am God" on the busiest week of the year! Please hold me accountable!!! Help me "refocus" when I get off-task and remind me who He is and whose I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment