Saturday, April 9, 2011

Top 10 Things I learned the Week before LEAP Testing

10.  I need to do a better job teaching geography- perhaps after the pledge and Legacy Expectations, we should recite the state, country, and continent on which we live. hummmmmm.......

9.  4th Graders can understand "satire" - we read the book, Testing Miss Malarkey! They loved it!!! I think they quickly identified with the main character and perhaps they think Miss Malarkey and Mrs. Coker share a few characteristics also.

8.  They continued to understand "satire" as we read Dr. Seuss's last work- one he never finished, but Jack Preletsky and Lane Smith did.  Hooray for Diffendoofer Day! celebrates creative students and their crazy teacher Miss Bonkers, who taught them how to think.  Again, the students must take a test, but using their creative minds, they passed with flying colors.

7.  New students do arrive the week before testing. Thank you Lord, she's sweet!

6.  Testing AFTER Spring Break is tooooo late!!! They have peaked!!! Scary!

5.  Fourth graders are thrilled beyond belief about a week of no homework - they keep asking, "We won't have ANY homework?"

4.  Fourth graders are focused - not on LEAP- but on field day! of course!!

3.  I am optimistic that most can respond to a reading and responding question that indicates "use details from the story".  Perhaps that's wishful thinking... LOL!

2. I can consume an entire large jar of Peter Pan Reduced Fat Smooth Peanut Butter in 6 days! YIKES!!!! Has to be a record.

1.   The same virus from which my four fever blisters originated is also responsible for shingles.  Google it!! It's for real!!! 

It was a very interesting week, but I believe Phil. 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me."
I can not do it on my own, but with His help I can do anything.  BRING. IT. ON.

Pray for all of our kiddos that will be testing this week.  Pray for their teachers and administrators. I'll keep you posted.  I'm sure something interesting will happen. It usually does!!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment