Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Am Poetry

My students are writing "I Am" poems, and they are so creative.  Oh, I did this in high school.  My mom even found my "I Am" poem and gave it to me when I was teaching poetry a few years ago.  Amazing how "I Became" my "I Am" poem!~ LOL!!  Almost, anyway!  Well, I did "misplace" that one so I decided to try it again.... Here's my latest attempt...
 I AM

I am forty and funny~
I wonder why we hurt so much?
I hear the brush of angels’ wings protecting me from unseen danger~
I see the signs- the rapture is soon!
I want my boys to make wise choices!
I am forty and funny~

I pretend I am a long-legged fast runner!
I feel like an Olympic champion as I cross the finish line-
I touch the future, daily.
I worry our children will never understand the sacrifices made by our country's forefathers!
I cry when others hurt so much-
I am forty and funny~

I understand that God is sovereign and in control.
I say “I can trust God no matter what”!
I dream my boys will be missionaries?
I try to put others first-
I hope my students will learn to love to read, but mostly that God has a wonderful plan for their lives-
I am forty and funny!

Your turn! Looks easier than it is!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment