Saturday, May 7, 2011

Take Heart- Part 2

   Our school family has experienced a tough week. Probably the roughest ever! But what I've been learning about  "trouble" is that it draws us to the Father.  I was listening to David Platt on my jog this morning as he talked about the devastation from the tornadoes in Alabama.  We have no answers.  We also know that as long as there is sin in the world, there will be devastation, disease, disaster.  Not easy to swallow. 
   In my quiet time while reading from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young the first line says, "If you learn to trust me- really trust me -with your whole being then nothing can separate you from my peace. Everything you endure can be put to good use by allowing it to train you in trusting me.This is how you foil the works of evil..." The author goes on to remind me of Joseph when he says to his brothers, "You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good." Gen. 50:20
   Our school family has proved this to be true.  As problems mount, it continues to draw us to Him.  We have prayed more together this last week than ever before!! The families of our students are praying.  Prayer requests are sent to staff members & parents by text and email - 24/7.  We gather before and after school to pray.  Verses are shared.  Personal testimonies are given! Victories, defeats, love, pain, tears, smiles, even laughter. All of this in the middle of turmoil.  I can trace God's hand at work.
     My God is sovereign and the great I AM.  Perhaps this was so clearly testified by my heart-broken friend, Theresa on Friday afternoon, at the graveside service for her precious, oldest son. She said she would shout it from the rooftop- she could not walk this road without her Lord.  She proclaimed to a large group that God was the only way she was making it.  She explained that over the past few days (and days to come- for sure) that she was empty and could not have made it without people "standing in the gap" for her and her family and praying them through it.  She continued to explain that it was not easy or OK, but with God's grace and the prayers that others were lifting on their behalf, she would make it!  And she will. With God's help. One day at a time.  (Don't think that's the outcome the the enemy wanted.)
     It's not going to be easy.  How could it be? But God is faithful, and always does what He says he will do!!  Deut. 31:6 says,"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
     My favorite verse is Jer. 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans for a hope and a future."  But the older I get, I keep coming back to John 16:33, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” 
    Yep! We've have trouble with a capital "T".  Just like the people in Alabama. and Japan. The list is endless! But, Take heart!!! Take Heart!!! He will wipe every tear from our eye.  2 Corinthians 4:18 says, "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary (our circumstances), but what is unseen is eternal.(God's presence)"  WOO HOO!!! It's not gonna be this way forever!! My Deliverer is coming!! And I think it's gonna be soon...
     Our school family still needs to be lifted in prayer. The Wards and KC need our unceasing prayers!  It's not going to be easy.  But with God's grace- we will make it -one day at a time.  And the result of these trials- we are being drawn to the Father. (again, probably not the outcome the enemy wanted)  Take Heart- the enemy is defeated!  NOTHING can separate us from the Father's love! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment