Monday, March 21, 2011

Looking Up!

As many of you know, tomorrow is phase I of LEAP testing.  4th and 8th graders will take the ELA Writing and Math Constructed Response portions of the test.  How fortunate that this year Ronnie and I are parents of both a 4th and an 8th grader?!  Lucky Us!! What were we thinkinig?!!

Oh well! No worries!  I believe my students and my personal children are plenty prepared to face this challenge! BRING. IT. ON!

However, I know me, and I know kids- and sometimes we still get in a wad! Oh it may not be a test, but face it- we all get wadded up over something! 

So, I've got a plan.  Look up!  I sent my students' parents a little note tonight about testing tomorrow.  One reminder was for the students  to "look up" over my board and read my favorite verse. Jer. 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future." 

But by typing that simple message, "Look up" ~ the Lord was speaking to me.  How many times do I try to do things my way- on my own- and I do not "Look Up"?  Too many to count.  But, I'm working on it! I'm "Looking Up" to the Lord, reading my favorite verse, and trusting Him for my "hope and future". After all, His ways are much better than mine!  LOOK UP & WATCH OUT! My kiddies are gonna ROCK that test!  Can I get a "Hosanna" or a "Hallelujah"?!!! (more about that to come....LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment