Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Counting My Blessings

  In my quiet times this week, I've been reading and really focusing on being truly thankful!  It shouldn't be difficult for me~ I live in the greatest country in the world!  I have a wonderful husband who loves me and two silly boys who keep me on my toes. I have awesome parents who pray for me daily.  Not to mention, I have my "dream" job with my "dream" team and work in a very happy place. And like the t-shirt says, "I love my church", and its staff who are helping us Love Loud in our community.   But sometimes I get a little sidetracked... like when I look on the floor in the utility room and see a small puddle of water and realize that my washer is not going to make it much longer. Or that I still owe Willis Knighton  for my "unexpected" surgery this summer.
  Then I am gently reminded of David Platt's message I heard Saturday  (during my lengthy race).  He said that if we make $25,000 a year, then we are in the top 5% of all the people in the world.  However, if you earn $50,000 a year then you are in the top 2% of the world's population.  Wow!! I'm rich! Yes, even by the world's standards I AM RICH. 
    Also, I am reminded of our Christian brothers and sisters in South Korea who daily fear for their lives and safety.  Somehow all my little problems seem a little silly.
    And even if nothing was going "right" in my little world, I know that, "there is nothing that can separate me from the love of Christ." 
    So, as I count my blessings, I am very thankful!  Thankful for my family &; friends! I'm thankful that  Lori is doing well and coming back to school in January!  I'm thankful that I live in this mighty nation! I'm thankful that my church and staff know and show how to LOVE LOUD in our city!And for my sweet fourth graders who haven't quite figured me out! For a vehicle to get me around, even if it needs new tires.  For a carton of eggs that cracked before I got them home from the store.... and yes, even for a leaky washing machine. 

1 comment: