Monday, November 15, 2010

The Blessing - part 1

   I am always amazed when I realize how much God loves me and desires a personal relationship with me.  Why would the creator of the universe long to have a relationship with little ol' me?  Well, I do know that it's nothing that I have done to deserve it.  I also know that He created me to worship Him and have a personal, intimate relationship Him. He loves me no matter what, even though there is nothing I have done to deserve it. Pretty cool!

    Well, knowing all of those things, why am I still shocked when I can see how He "plans" and knows my future?  He knows my past experiences, as well as, what my future holds.  This was so evident as I attended a teenage parenting conference yesterday at church. 

    Last Spring, I read a book on my iphone while at Nate's baseball practices.  It was The Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers.  Then during the Summer, a group of us from school decided to do a Bible Study based on that book.  Wow!!!  So much to learn! So amazing to see the "earthly" family tree of Jesus.  I have  read the Birth of Jesus many times, and I always knew that Jesus was from the line of Judah.  But after reading The Lineage of Grace and studying Genesis 38, I know "the rest of the story....".

    Even as I was learning about the very interesting people from so long ago, God was preparing me or in teacher terms, "Building Background", so I could learn and apply what was presented at the parent conference this weekend.

   Exciting!!! The God of the universe loves me, knows where I am, and has a road map of my life... and He wants it to be great!!! For Him!!!

    Stay tuned!  More about the Blessing coming.....The blessing is for our spouses, our children, & our friends!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment