Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cheerleaders!

     Last Saturday while running in the Race for the Cure, I was reminded just how important cheerleaders are in our lives.  I enjoy running in races, and I am always thrilled to see the crowd cheering me on to finish the race.  Most of the time they don't really know me, they just read my bib and cheer for me by name.  Strangers cheering other strangers.  But what would happen if they weren't there to cheer the me on? Would I slow down? Walk? or just quit racing?
   
      At the Race for the Cure, many of the women share a common bond.  Not one that they would ask for, but one that definitely unites them.  They share hugs, smiles, cheers, tears, and stories.  And they cheer. They cheer for each other.  They cheer for themselves.   They cheer for the race to begin. They cheer during the race.  And they cheer when they finish.   They celebrate the gift of each day. It's an encouraging place for all.  And it's contagious.

     The Lord has truly blessed me with so many "cheerleaders"during every chapter in my life.  Where would I be without them?  And I want to be that kind of friend- a cheerleader.  Who couldn't use another cheerleader in their life to cheer them on each day?  Hebrews 3:13 (NIV) says, "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called 'Today' so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."  Life is difficult, but we aren't here alone.  The Lord is faithful and gives us many cheerleaders to encourage us along our race.



No comments:

Post a Comment