Monday, September 6, 2010

Read a Good Book Lately?

What a relaxing long weekend!!! I love the beach, the sand, the waves, the sounds- I LOVE the BEACH! It is so relaxing, calming.  And what do you do on the beach? READ! (Well, the dolphins did give us a wonderful, private show two days in a row! And my friends and I do like to "people watch".) But, when we weren't watching the dolphins or the people, I was reading.

My sweet friend, Kasey, had loaned me a book, The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews.  I started reading it on Thursday and couldn't put it down. It was quite interesting to read, as it took place along the Gulf Coast between Gulf Shores and Pensacola.  Exactly where I was sitting - on that beautiful, white beach!  Pretty cool!  Then to read about the history included in the book during the early 1940s was amazing!


The Heart Mender is a book of history and forgiveness.  Under the title on the cover it says, "A Story of Second Chances". How cool is that?  This books traces how God always has a plan.  He is a God of second, and third, and fourth chances. He always forgives us even though we don't deserve it!  I encourage you to read this book and remember that we serve a forgiving and loving God who always sees the big picture.

*One side note- after briefly discussing this book with my dad, he said that he read a book that sounded much like it but had "something to do with an island". HA! It was previously published as Island of Saints. He had already read it!

Prayer Request:  My Uncle Dewey had a stroke this morning.  He is doing better and has been moved to a hospital in Little Rock. ( Thank you Lord for all you have done today for my family!)  Please continue to pray for him and his family and the doctors as they make decisions concerning his health.

Go find a good book to read and share it with someone you care about!

No comments:

Post a Comment