Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's in a name?

"Princess Lucy"~ yes, that's me. "Lucy" was my nickname, or at least I think that's what you call it. My mom has called me "Lucy" for as long as I can remember, and I kinda like it!
But the "Princess" part is kinda strange, especially if you know me. I'm not prissy, frilly, or girly. I have always preferred to wear hats rather than fix my hair, play outside rather than stay indoors, even mow the grass over clean the house. In fact, I've only been called a princess once, but that's a story for another day. But I am a princess! I don't have a crown, but I'm a princess. I don't wear beautiful gowns and dine in fancy rooms. But, I'm a princess. You see, I am the daughter of the King of Kings. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He died on the cross for my sins (John 3:16) and loves me with an everlasting love. ("I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Jer. 31:3) And if you know him personally, that makes you a princess (or prince) too!

*I know, you thought I married a prince. (I did! But I was already a princess!)

1 comment:

  1. Aislinn has a crown for her Mrs. Coker! You inspire me, my daughter and more people than you know. You are the most humble person that I know and I have enjoyed getting to know you over the years. Thanks for always being there for me! (and everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete